Select a Shooting Mode
Select the shooting mode for this session by touching Mode . Touch a thumbnail to select a mode. To return to auto mode, touch the Auto thumbnail or .
The mode view can be adjusted. The screenshot above shows the thumbnail mode view . Touch the desired button to switch the mode screen layout between thumbnail and carousel view . When you use the carousel view, a description of the selected mode is displayed. To select a different mode, touch and swipe the carousel up or down. To select a mode, touch the mode’s thumbnail.
The following shooting modes are available on your camera:
- Auto: The camera determines the ideal mode for the photo.
- Beauty face: Corrects facial imperfections automatically when taking portraits.
- Best photo: Select the best photos when you take a series of photos.
- Best face: Select the best photo of each person from five consecutive photos and merge into one best photo.
- Sound & shot: Capture a scene and record background audio associated with the photo.
- Drama: Capture a series of photos of a moving subject and merge them into one photo.
- Animated photo: Capture a scene and create a photo containing moving and static objects.
- Rich tone (HDR): Take and merge photos in various exposures to create soft and rich colors.
- Eraser: Capture five photos of a scene and erase unwanted moving objects from the background.
- Panorama: Take panoramic photos made up of a maximum of eight consecutive photos.
- Sports: Take photos of fast-moving subjects at sporting events.
- Night: Take photos by combining them to get a brighter, clearer photo in low light, without flash.
For more information about a shooting mode, search the Samsung support site using the mode’s name. We have provided additional details on many of the predefined shooting modes available to you.
Adjusting Camera Settings
On the viewfinder screen, touch to access camera quick settings. The settings available to you in this area may vary based on the current mode you have selected. The settings menu has six default options:
- Settings: Access Camera settings (such as Photo size), Share settings, and General settings (such as Storage location, Shutter sound, etc.).
- Flash (customizable location): Touch the icon to cycle through the available flash options.
- Auto night detection (customizable location): Touch the icon to turn on auto night detection. When the feature is on, your device will detect low light situations and adjust the camera and device settings to capture great photos without the flash.
- Voice commands (customizable location): Touch the icon to turn voice commands on or off. When voice commands are on, you can complete several camera tasks using your voice. Turn on voice commands and say “cheese” to capture a photo without touching your camera.
- Recording mode: Touch the icon to select a movie size for any video captured during the session.
- Share: Touch the icon to select a sharing option. Features like Share shotand Remote viewfinder can be found here.
You can edit the camera quick settings displayed by touching Menu > Edit quick settings. Drag a shortcut to one of the three customizable locations.